FENU is conducting study assessing the effectiveness of the home learning program within the context of school closure due to COVID-19. The study will be conducted in Arua, Buyende, Gulu, Kamwenge, Nakaseke,Napak, Ngora, and Sironko. This will better inform educational institutions in planning a distance education program. This study will examine the effectiveness of the first phase of home learning program and to capture some lessons that can form classroom teaching when schools re-open, and future education policies and programing in Uganda
Specifically Study Objectives
- To examine the extent to which children especially in rural areas access the designed education programs.
- To explore the best means of education delivery to ensure all children especially in the rural areas are reached during the time of COVID-19 and any other crisis.
- To find out the extent to which parents, siblings, peers, teachers are involved in home learning
- To understand the challenges faced during home learning.
- To recommend to the government ways in which distance learning can be more responsive, effective and equitable to promote learning during such crises.